Monday, July 11, 2011

| by

0

13.07. (Wed) 00:15 Chile - Peru

Two things to remember, both sides have already reached the quarter finals. There is a dismal relationship between these two nations and I do not expect a friendly game ending in a draw. Well, there could of course be a draw, but not an arranged one.

Decent odds on the win for Chile but then again Peru have done nothing wrong so far. Both these sides drew with Uruguay and defeated Mexico, but in my opinion Chile are potentially much stronger than Peru. Especially against Peruvians missing Pizarro and Farfan. Chile finished their game against Uruguay the stronger side and I enjoy watching the Chileans playing their football. They could be more effective, however. Valdivia impressed as a substitute and I expect him to start this match. About the M Fernandez injury situation I have to say that I do not know.

Vargas was back in the Peruvian starting line up vs. Mexico and he was man of the match. The Peruvian winning goal came late in the game, but their win was much deserved, with Peru hitting the wood work on a couple of occasions. Peru have demonstrated that they can play some decent football without their aces Pizarro and Farfan, but I expect Chile to win this fixture. They probably need to win the match to win this group and they should absolutely go for the three points. Chile then.