Monday, July 11, 2011

| by

0

14.07. (Thu) 02:45 Brazil - Ecuador

Just a little kid I watched Brazil winning the 1958 World Cup in Sweden. Ever since there has been a certain magic around the Brazilian national side. You have always been able to rely on Brazil playing some brilliant stuff from time to time. Not these days. This side is quite lacklustre. No brilliance to be found. OK, they are building a side for their own World Cup 2014, but some individual magic has always been a Brazilian trademark. Ganso I like though. Rare mistakes by the Brazilian defence proved costly against Paraguay.

Brazil are in a must win situation and they are a facing a rather poor Ecuador side. Surely things cannot go wrong for the Brazilians. Their coach is indicating that he could make one or two changes for this match. Neymar out?

Will Valencia be fit to play for Ecuador? I doubt that he will take any risks and my guess is that he is out of this final? game for Ecuador. I have heard rumours that he will be playing after all, but I have my doubts. Same old ankle is troubling him. Very likely win for the favourites.